COVID-19 preventive measures:
- normal body temperature under 37,5 °C
- practice social distancing: maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and others
- wear face covering (except children under the age of 6 years)
- wear single-use latex gloves
- cough and sneeze in your elbow or in a tissue, NOT your hand
Welcome to the Grotte di Rescia on Lake Lugano!
Grotte di Rescia, a series of caves unified to a single complex at the beginning of the 20th century, wind along a tourist route of about 500 mt on the mountain slopes, on the eastern shore of Lake Lugano.
The seven caves, destination for tourists from all over Europe since 1700, represent a rarity in the country as they originate from the inside of flowstones made of travertine, misleadingly known as “tuff”. Over the ages, water has dug a sequence of holes in the travertine, depositing spectacular concretions.
Rescia caves offer the chance to take a close look at the “life” of a cave, from its still growing active state to the fossil one. Moreover, unique situation of its kind, the visit to the cave includes the visit to the gorge of Saint Julia with its waterfall, which is about 70 mt high.
Excursion approx. 40 minutes
Guided tour on request approx. 60 minutes
Find out where we are >>