Grotte Di Rescia – Address and route:
Using the address given below, you will find us on Google Maps:
Address: Rescia Località: 22010 Claino Con Osteno (CO)
The Rescia Caves are located on the provincial road that links Porlezza with Osteno and the Intelvi valley.
How to reach us by car:
- from Milan: take the motorway “Autostrada dei Laghi A9” and then take the exit “Como Lago” towards Menaggio/Porlezza/Lugano. Alternatively you can take the exit towards Argegno/San Fedele Intelvi/Porlezza. Then go through the town of Porlezza and take the road for “Valle Intelvi” at the traffic light junction. The Rescia Caves are 4km away from Porlezza. Alternatively, you can go through San Fedele Intelvi and, at the junction, take the road for Osteno/Porlezza; we are about 10km away from San Fedele and 3km away from Osteno;
- from Switzerland*: take the motorway A2 and then take either the exit “Lugano Sud” or “Lugano Nord” towards Gandria/Valsolda/Porlezza.
How to reach us by train, bus or across the lake:
- from Milan: take the Trenord train line from “Milano Cadorna” to “Como Lago” or take the Trenitalia train line from “Milano Centrale” to “Como San Giovanni” or “Lugano”.
- from Como: take the bus to Menaggio and take the bus which goes between Menaggio and Lugano. Alternatively, you can take the boat/hydrofoil to Menaggio and then the bus to Lugano.
- from Lugano: take the bus to Menaggio or the boat to Valsolda/Osteno/Porlezza.
If you want to reach the caves from Porlezza you can also request our pick-up service.
*The use of Swiss national roads (motorways and two-lane expressway back) is subject to the payment of a prepaid sticker, known as “vignette”. It is therefore advisable to follow the cantonal roads, which are not subject to tolls: Chiasso / Lugano / Gandria / Porlezza / Osteno.